adjetivochiefly • literary
- Full of bends and curves: he put an arm around her flexuous waistMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Howard's full range of terms was: cirrus (for clouds made up of ‘parallel, flexuous, or dividing fibres’); cumulus (for convex or conical heaps, building upwards from a horizontal base); and stratus, horizontal sheets of cloud.
- This new interpretation accounts for its appearance as an extended flexuous series of cells, some of which are not seen to be in mutual contact, exhibiting nonlinear cell-size variation.
- Electron microscopy revealed flexuous filamentous virus particles.
early 17th century: from Latin flexuosus, from flexus 'a bending', from the verb flectere.
Más definiciones de flexuousDefinición de flexuous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.