Definición de flexure en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] technical , chiefly Anatomy & Geology
1The action of bending or curving, or the condition of being bent or curved.
- Along with characterizing a plastic's bending properties, flexure can be used to evaluate aging and sterilization effects on a product.
- Approximately one third of polyps and one half of colorectal cancers occur proximal to the splenic flexure.
- Tumors or polyps that develop proximal to the splenic flexure carry a poorer prognosis than those that arise more distally.
1.1 [count noun] A bent or curved part: these lesser hills were flexures of the San Andreas system
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only irregularities are small east-dipping flexures over deep-seated faults.
- Some are twisted like phone cords; others have sharp flexures from buckling.
- In crawling infants the forearms, extensor aspects of the knees, and the ankle flexures are often the most affected.
late 16th century: from Latin flexura, from flectere 'to bend'.
- Example sentences
- Some failure in tension has occurred in the elements above the anomalous region where the flexural bending is concave downwards.
- The eigenvalues of the first bending and twisting modes of a structure are directly related to the flexural and torsional stiffness, respectively.
- Polymer modification is said to give the product tensile, flexural, and compressive strength that is well above normal concrete (up to 50% stronger, depending on thickness).
Definición de flexure en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary