(Of a bird or an insect) naturally unable to fly: Galapagos has the world’s only flightless cormorant
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The flightless birds and insects of such islands had clearly lost a highly complex function.
- The large, flightless moa bird that roamed New Zealand in ancient times grew much more slowly than modern birds, according to a new study of their bones.
- Whether the flightless birds used their beaks to impale or bludgeon their prey is unknown, Chiappe says.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These creatures were plainly flightless, and the nature of their flightlessness requires some special comment.
- At this time the males molt their feathers and go through a month-long period of flightlessness while their new feathers grow in.
- The adaptations the dodo made for island living - flightlessness and gigantism - have made understanding its evolutionary history and classifying it based on body characteristics difficult.
Definición de flightless en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.