Definición de flightless en inglés:
(Of a bird or an insect) naturally unable to fly: Galapagos has the world’s only flightless cormorant
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The flightless birds and insects of such islands had clearly lost a highly complex function.
- The large, flightless moa bird that roamed New Zealand in ancient times grew much more slowly than modern birds, according to a new study of their bones.
- Whether the flightless birds used their beaks to impale or bludgeon their prey is unknown, Chiappe says.
- Example sentences
- These creatures were plainly flightless, and the nature of their flightlessness requires some special comment.
- At this time the males molt their feathers and go through a month-long period of flightlessness while their new feathers grow in.
- The adaptations the dodo made for island living - flightlessness and gigantism - have made understanding its evolutionary history and classifying it based on body characteristics difficult.
Definición de flightless en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan