Definición de fling en inglés:
verbo (past and past participle flung /flʌŋ/)[with object and adverbial of direction]
- Yet they cannot stand the heat of scrutiny, nor even some of the mud they throw being flung back at them.
- Stones and debris had been flung up on to the grassy area.
- All of the members of the Melody crouched, throwing their hands over their heads to fling away the flying debris.
- Pete had had his fingers entwined in her red locks and she had let her hands roam his back when the door was suddenly flung open.
- Wrenching the door knob violently, she flings the door open and is met with stunned glances from two suited businessmen.
- He stopped and flung his car door open before storming back to the van, shouting.
- Pete's cousin had died from an undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy and, with his usual enthusiasm, Pete flung himself into setting up this new charity.
- He rarely rode for himself, but flung himself into solely helping his team leader.
- When she got home she flung herself into the ‘getting ready’ process with enthusiasm.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Again, we have a wild fling, in which the supplies of the last year are consumed.
- But a funny thing happened this week: in our final fling for the year, the props came pouring in from all over, and suddenly, this whole enterprise doesn't seem quite so otiose.
- Saturday's point gives them added insurance against a final fling from George Burley's Tractor Boys but even the ever-optimistic Holdsworth is playing it safe.
- She has had five serious relationships the rest have all been short flings, one-nighters and so on.
- He didn't understand how some people could just want flings and other short relationships just for the sex.
- It appears like you're looking for a fling or a casual sexual relationship, but it's not that simple.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mrs. Medori is ‘la Maestra’ and conducts the concerto of flower flingers.
- I'm more of a flinger than a floater, so my teacher catches my hips, then he stands there and counts slowly to twelve while subtly, telepathically adjusting my posture and watching for signs of collapse.
- Torpedo and missile launchers on capital warships are essentially flingers, just very specialized ones.
Middle English (in the sense 'go violently'): perhaps related to Old Norse flengja 'flog'. The main verb sense is based on an earlier sense 'reckless movement of the body' and dates from the early 19th century.
Palabras que riman con flingBeijing, bing, bring, Chungking, cling, ding, dingaling, I Ching, king, Kunming, ling, Ming, Nanjing, Peking, ping, ring, sing, Singh, sling, spring, sting, string, swing, Synge, thing, ting, wing, wring, Xining, zing
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.