Definición de fling en inglés:
verbo (past and past participle flung /flʌŋ/)[with object and adverbial of direction]
- Yet they cannot stand the heat of scrutiny, nor even some of the mud they throw being flung back at them.
- Stones and debris had been flung up on to the grassy area.
- All of the members of the Melody crouched, throwing their hands over their heads to fling away the flying debris.
- Pete had had his fingers entwined in her red locks and she had let her hands roam his back when the door was suddenly flung open.
- Wrenching the door knob violently, she flings the door open and is met with stunned glances from two suited businessmen.
- He stopped and flung his car door open before storming back to the van, shouting.
- Pete's cousin had died from an undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy and, with his usual enthusiasm, Pete flung himself into setting up this new charity.
- He rarely rode for himself, but flung himself into solely helping his team leader.
- When she got home she flung herself into the ‘getting ready’ process with enthusiasm.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Again, we have a wild fling, in which the supplies of the last year are consumed.
- But a funny thing happened this week: in our final fling for the year, the props came pouring in from all over, and suddenly, this whole enterprise doesn't seem quite so otiose.
- Saturday's point gives them added insurance against a final fling from George Burley's Tractor Boys but even the ever-optimistic Holdsworth is playing it safe.
- She has had five serious relationships the rest have all been short flings, one-nighters and so on.
- He didn't understand how some people could just want flings and other short relationships just for the sex.
- It appears like you're looking for a fling or a casual sexual relationship, but it's not that simple.
Middle English (in the sense 'go violently'): perhaps related to Old Norse flengja 'flog'. The main verb sense is based on an earlier sense 'reckless movement of the body' and dates from the early 19th century.
- Example sentences
- Mrs. Medori is ‘la Maestra’ and conducts the concerto of flower flingers.
- I'm more of a flinger than a floater, so my teacher catches my hips, then he stands there and counts slowly to twelve while subtly, telepathically adjusting my posture and watching for signs of collapse.
- Torpedo and missile launchers on capital warships are essentially flingers, just very specialized ones.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.