Having or denoting a lid or cover that can be easily flipped open: a flip-top rubbish bin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We should offer to replace the black open topped box with a second flip-top wheelie bin in which residents could put all recyclables.
- He watched apprehensively as his brother snapped open the flip-top pack with his thumb.
- Nestle Rowntree said it was also discarding the plastic disc opening on the old design in favor of a cardboard flip-top lid, as part of a makeover to ensure the brand remained ‘fresh and interesting’ to youngsters.
A flip-top lid or cover.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cars began to get ever more innovative, and NHRA's safety watch never ended, learning from each incident lessons like how fire-extinguishing systems should be plumbed or that fuel-tank caps needed to be screw-ins rather than flip-tops.
- The distinctive ‘letter on the lid’ will be no more, as the new design will sport a re-sealable flip-top.
- It might be a good idea to lose the flip-top altogether or, if it must stay, have it implemented like the Zaurus.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: flip-top
Definición de flip-top en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda