- 1An incoming tide.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During a flood tide, turbulent overfalls with strong up-and-down currents form at the north end.
- They are likely to feed right throughout the flood tide and probably for an hour on the ebb, then disappear.
- The jacks are quiet at Brunswick but bream and whiting are in healthy sizes throughout on a flood tide.
- 1.1An overwhelming quantity or amount of people or things: the trickle of tourists has become a flood tideMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Justice Department says it's overwhelmed by what it calls a flood tide of immigration cases.
- Pacificism grew during the 1920s, reaching a flood tide in the twelve years after the war.
- If this is to happen, it will pose fundamental questions about journalism and its diminishing ability to keep its head above the flood tide of propaganda when war begins.
Más definiciones de flood tideDefinición de flood tide en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.