Definición de flood tide en inglés:
1An incoming tide.
- During a flood tide, turbulent overfalls with strong up-and-down currents form at the north end.
- They are likely to feed right throughout the flood tide and probably for an hour on the ebb, then disappear.
- The jacks are quiet at Brunswick but bream and whiting are in healthy sizes throughout on a flood tide.
1.1An overwhelming quantity or amount of people or things: the trickle of tourists has become a flood tide
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Justice Department says it's overwhelmed by what it calls a flood tide of immigration cases.
- Pacificism grew during the 1920s, reaching a flood tide in the twelve years after the war.
- If this is to happen, it will pose fundamental questions about journalism and its diminishing ability to keep its head above the flood tide of propaganda when war begins.
Definición de flood tide en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan