- 1A large, powerful light, typically one of several used to illuminate a sports ground, a stage, or the exterior of a building.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rest of the venue will be lit with powerful floodlights.
- There were headlights, floodlights, tail lights and spot lights.
- There are lead-in lights from the river approach, landing floodlights, a marker beacon and a lighted windsock.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The illumination provided by a floodlight: a tennis court where you can play by floodlightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She said the work to repair the damage to the stopcock went on under floodlight until after midnight.
- It seems no time since we were cursing the never-ending long, dark, cold winter evenings spent working in the garden either by floodlight or, if it was wet, in the shed building cold frames.
- The matches will be played in floodlight over the weekends so that the corporates can relax and enjoy the game.
verbo (past and past participle floodlit)[with object] (usually as adjective floodlit) Volver al principio
- Illuminate (a building or outdoor area) with floodlights: floodlit football pitchesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cessna light plane eventually landed safely on a concrete, floodlit area at Roman Barracks as fire engines and paramedics stood by in case it burst into flames.
- The money was initially set aside for Moorhead High to build six floodlit all-weather areas with changing rooms and an athletics track.
- At night much of this central area is floodlit, giving an impression, reinforced by the many pavement cafes, of central Paris.
Más definiciones de floodlightDefinición de floodlight en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.