adjetivo (floppier, floppiest)
Tending to flop or hang loosely: his dark floppy hair
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Hello, Addy,’ she gasps, clasping a tube to her lips, a big white floppy cricket hat hanging over her scalp.
- Police described the offender as white, aged about 17, of thin build, with short, dark, floppy hair, protruding ears and a crooked nose.
- Bourbon looked at Farly, who looked just a little pitiful slumped on the couch, hands folded on his stomach, his soft, floppy ears hanging low on his head.
sustantivo (plural floppies)
(also floppy disk) A flexible removable magnetic disk (typically encased in a hard plastic shell) for storing data.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- High-end computer furniture pieces allow the user to lock up all the storage media such as floppies, compact discs and detachable storage devices.
- Similarly, you can't have two hard drives and a floppy, nor can you have dual optical drives.
- If there is a floppy in the disk drive, remove it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unapologetically aimed at media-literate, pop-savvy youth, it opens on a mid shot of a floppily attired young male.
- The giddiness faded from him, too, when he saw a soaking wet Robert half-leaning in the doorway, and a passed out Tobias cradled floppily in his arms.
- So yesterday I was just going to hang around the house all floppily and watch TV and maybe go through this DVD again.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Possible side effects include stiffness, floppiness, shakes/tremors, eye rolling/blurred vision, speech/dribbling problems, excessive sweating and racing heartbeat.
- I have a type ‘C’ hangover, low-powered but persistent, a continuing feeling of gentle nausea with general floppiness and apathy attached.
- Causes of this type of breathing may include vocal cord paralysis or weakness, floppiness in the airways or voice box, or a blood vessel pressing on the outside of the airway (vascular compression).
Palabras que riman con floppychoppy, copy, jalopy, moppy, poppy, sloppy, soppy, stroppy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: floppy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda