verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction]
Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: he stood up in a fury and flounced out
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the others flounced and stamped their way through the jungle, Blackburn's equable temper won through.
- I didn't know what last time was, but it had to have been bad because Kara's face colored and she seemed at a loss for words, picking to flounce off in a fury instead.
- Making an angry noise, she turned and flounced out to the carriage.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
Palabras que riman con flounceannounce, bounce, denounce, fluid ounce, jounce, mispronounce, ounce, pounce, pronounce, renounce, trounce
A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a skirt or dress; a frill.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Miss Howitt's dress was in the height of fashion; blue silk spencer over a white round dress with several flounces at the hem, complemented by a yellow paisley shawl draped over her shoulders.
- Ruffle necklines are big too, as well as fluted sleeves, hem flounces and ruched side panels.
- While Tisci focused on black and oyster, Lacroix used a vast array of colors and along with the rich details of beads, laces, corsets, flounces and satin.
verbo(as adjective flounced) Volver al principio
Trimmed with a flounce or flounces: a flounced skirt
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Women's attire consists of solid-colored or polka-dot dresses with tightly fitted bodices and flounced skirts and sleeves.
- Try dressing your room with wicker baskets, and look for flounced or ruffled curtains, tablecloths and bedding.
- The Zebra's stripes are revealed by pulling strips from a white flounced dress.
flouncy adjetivo (flouncier, flounciest)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The designers decided that the new trend was ‘High Femininity’: girly, pretty, flouncy and frilly clothes.
- This season, the designer has added even more romantic details such as layers, mixes of textures, floral patterns, slinky fabrics, and turns out a surprising array of flouncy skirts, skinny jeans and flippy dresses.
- Rag trade insiders say designs will go retro once more, taking their inspiration from the 1970s and the New Romantics of the 1980s, with frills and flouncy, folk-inspired long skirts.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán