Definición de floury en inglés:
adjetivo (flourier, flouriest)
1Of, resembling, or covered with flour: Maggie wiped her floury hands on her apron
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His quest for salvation could only be aided by her loving, floury hands, and her suburban lifestyle and conservatory existence would welcome a hip - swivelling injection of true rock and roll.
- The chicken was tasty and well-cooked, leaving me to mix up concoctions of guacamole, sour cream, salsa and grated cheese in the warm, floury fajitas.
- The bhajis were small, tasty and not too floury.
2(Of a potato) having a soft, fluffy texture when cooked.
- The root is round, seldom larger and often smaller than a small carrot, grey outside and yellowish white within, with a mealy texture like a floury potato.
- You will need floury potatoes such as King Edwards that break down during the cooking, and you may need to mash a few of them at the end to thicken the liquid into a sweet, soupy stew.
- King Edwards, for example are a dry floury potato that will disintegrate around the edges when boiled, so makes excellent mash, roast and chips.
- Example sentences
- The attributes of waxiness or flouriness are also influenced by the growing conditions, and by the age of the tuber.
- The doses in this recipe are indicative, seeing that the balance depends on the "flouriness" of the potatoes, their absorbency capacity and the quality of the flour used.
- Once the potatoes are diced, I rinse them to remove excess flouriness, and pat them dry.
Definición de floury en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia