Definición de floury en inglés:
adjetivo (flourier, flouriest)
1Of, resembling, or covered with flour: Maggie wiped her floury hands on her apron
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His quest for salvation could only be aided by her loving, floury hands, and her suburban lifestyle and conservatory existence would welcome a hip - swivelling injection of true rock and roll.
- The chicken was tasty and well-cooked, leaving me to mix up concoctions of guacamole, sour cream, salsa and grated cheese in the warm, floury fajitas.
- The bhajis were small, tasty and not too floury.
2(Of a potato) having a soft, fluffy texture when cooked.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The root is round, seldom larger and often smaller than a small carrot, grey outside and yellowish white within, with a mealy texture like a floury potato.
- You will need floury potatoes such as King Edwards that break down during the cooking, and you may need to mash a few of them at the end to thicken the liquid into a sweet, soupy stew.
- King Edwards, for example are a dry floury potato that will disintegrate around the edges when boiled, so makes excellent mash, roast and chips.
- 1flouriness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The attributes of waxiness or flouriness are also influenced by the growing conditions, and by the age of the tuber.
- The doses in this recipe are indicative, seeing that the balance depends on the "flouriness" of the potatoes, their absorbency capacity and the quality of the flour used.
- Once the potatoes are diced, I rinse them to remove excess flouriness, and pat them dry.
Palabras que riman con flourydowry, flowery, loury, showery, towery
Definición de floury en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda