- 1Covered with flowers or having a floral design: a flowery meadow flowery wallpaperMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My hall bathroom is covered in a festively flowery wallpaper.
- It was covered in beautiful paintings of angels in large flowery meadows.
- A few minutes later I found myself crawling under the flowery, feminine covers with Ms. LaMonica, wishing for Jen to be there with me.
- 1.1Smelling of flowers: her flowery perfumeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So I breathed in deeply with my face still buried in the crick of her neck, and under the scent of alcohol was Theresa's flowery perfume smell.
- Geoff smelled her flowery perfume as he led her around the floor during the dance.
- She was at least a head shorter than he and he could look down on the top of her head, smell the light, flowery fragrance of her hair.
- 1.2(Of speech or writing) full of elaborate or literary words and phrases: flowery proseMás ejemplos en oraciones
florid, flamboyant, high-flown, high-sounding, magniloquent, grandiloquent, ornate, fancy, baroque, orotund, rhetorical, oratorical, bombastic, laboured, strained, overwrought, elaborate, over-elaborate, overblown, overripe, overdone, convoluted, turgid, inflated
- Her character has to contend with flowery, overwrought speeches full of melodrama that are meant to generate some degree of humor, but which tend to fall flat.
- When you think of a Shakespearian play, most conjure up memories of high school productions, period costumes and long and flowery speeches in an outdated and hard to understand language.
- Kabary, the flowery speeches given at all formal, ancestral occasions in the central highlands, are recognized as requiring great skill.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We were diving into our popovers as I made some remarks about the strangeness of the model's angular, almost sickly, shoulder blades spilling over the curves and floweriness of this very feminine dress.
- Even allowing for floweriness of language, that a man could so deeply feel his life ruined and wasted as a result chasing a mathematical proof somehow sets me back in my seat.
- These wines, in my experience, are so flavoursome that the floweriness plays second fiddle to a refreshing fruity crispness.