- A poisonous toadstool which has a red cap with fluffy white spots, growing particularly among birch trees. It contains hallucinogenic alkaloids and has long been used by the indigenous peoples of NE Siberia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Amanita muscaria, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- The fly agaric or fairy toadstool grows here too, especially under birch along with other woodland fungi.
- We are walking up a woodland path and pause to look at a group of fly agarics; the red-and-white spotted ones popular with fishing gnomes in the gardens of suburbia.
- It is possible that hallucinogens, for example fly agaric, were used to bring on this state of mind.
Más definiciones de fly agaricDefinición de fly agaric en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.