- A fish of warm seas which leaps out of the water and uses its wing-like pectoral fins to glide over the surface for some distance.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Exocoetidae: several genera and species, in particular Exocoetus volitans
- The answer is that they often consume flying fish, which leap over the water's surface, and sometimes rob other birds of a meal.
- I shot off reel after reel of film on the oceanic birds following the ship, shared in the watch on the depth finder, watched whales in the distance and penguins porpoising through the water like flying fish.
- The open ocean indeed is too big to comprehend - 360 million square km of seawater constantly traversed by great ocean travellers - blue fin tuna, giant jelly fish, turtles and flying fish.
Más definiciones de flying fishDefinición de flying fish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.