- 1A large fruit bat with a foxlike face, found in Madagascar, SE Asia, and northern Australia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pteropus and two other genera, family Pteropodidae: numerous species
- The Megachiroptera includes the so-called fruitbats and flying foxes of the tropical forests of India, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
- All flying foxes are fruit bats, but not all fruit bats are flying foxes.
- The Megachiroptera, or fruitbats and flying foxes, navigate largely by sight and have large, forward-facing eyes that can see in very dim light, as you can see on the skeleton of a fruitbat pictured above.
- 2Australian /NZ An overhead cable and apparatus for transporting materials over difficult terrain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For two years during the war no wool had been taken out so the Rehabilitation Board organised a flying fox which was used to transport wool and people.
- She remembers travelling across the river on the flying fox set up by the bridge workers to transport people and materials across the water.
- We had a wire cable across the river with a flying fox on it.
Más definiciones de flying foxDefinición de flying fox en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.