Definición de flying fox en inglés:
1A large fruit bat with a foxlike face, found in Madagascar, SE Asia, and northern Australia.
- The Megachiroptera includes the so-called fruitbats and flying foxes of the tropical forests of India, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
- All flying foxes are fruit bats, but not all fruit bats are flying foxes.
- The Megachiroptera, or fruitbats and flying foxes, navigate largely by sight and have large, forward-facing eyes that can see in very dim light, as you can see on the skeleton of a fruitbat pictured above.
2Australian /NZ An overhead cable and apparatus for transporting materials over difficult terrain.
- For two years during the war no wool had been taken out so the Rehabilitation Board organised a flying fox which was used to transport wool and people.
- She remembers travelling across the river on the flying fox set up by the bridge workers to transport people and materials across the water.
- We had a wire cable across the river with a flying fox on it.
Definición de flying fox en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan