Definición de focalize en inglés:
verbo[with object] technical
1Focus (something), in particular:
- Its effects are importantly focalized through Breeze.
- One of the biggest issues in bringing down the price has been working to focalize the laser using power efficiently.
- But now we are trying to focalise on our true identity.
1.1(In literary theory) provide an internal focus for (a text).
- The story is, to use a term developed by the theorists of narrative Mieke Bal and Gérard Genette, focalized through her.
- Crucially, Crane chooses to focalize the departing train through hoboes: ‘three men, still hungry on the tracks.’
- By focalising a narrative entirely through a character's perspective, there is no apparent mediating presence between story and narration.
- Example sentences
- But what she can do is force a shift in focalization - an even rarer feat in the context of this particular narrative.
- In Scarlet Sister Mary, shifts in focalization between omniscient and limited perspectives delve frequently into Mary's consciousness.
- The novel hides its subversive ideology behind Oshinica's focalization, masterfully using it to challenge the establishment.
Definición de focalize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia