Definición de foot guards en inglés:
1Infantrymen with a specific guarding role.
- When they visited bombed areas they were booed, and regiments of foot guards had to be deployed in London's east end to keep order.
- Comprised of all the different regiments of foot guards, its soldiers were tall, smart and well disciplined.
- The foot guards now opened fire with live ammunition.
1.1 (Foot Guards) (In the British army) the regiments of the Brigade of Guards: the Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish, and Welsh Guards.
- Subsequently the other regiments of British Foot Guards also adopted the bearskin cap.
- It is believed that other infantry units such as the Foot Guards and the Parachute Regiment could also face cuts.
- The Grenadier Guards were formed in 1656 as The First Regiment of Foot Guards.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan