Definición de foothold en inglés:
1A place where a person’s foot can be lodged to support them securely, especially while climbing.
- Twice she had to stop to rest, her arms trembling with the strain, locking her feet into semi-secure footholds and leaning into the rock.
- Right foot, right hand, left foot, left hand, his hands and feet found footholds like an expert.
- Handholds became footholds, although the deeper and more sound you made them, the more exhausted you became.
1.1 [usually in singular] A secure position from which further progress may be made: the company is attempting to gain a foothold in the Russian market
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This cannibal killer has already secured a foothold in the South East - and scientists believe it could spread quickly.
- Deutsche Bank has been trying without success to get a firm foothold in the market.
- Still, Sweeney feels confident that the changes under way in Boston are gaining a firm foothold.
Definición de foothold en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan