Definición de foothold en inglés:
1A place where a person’s foot can be lodged to support them securely, especially while climbing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Twice she had to stop to rest, her arms trembling with the strain, locking her feet into semi-secure footholds and leaning into the rock.
- Right foot, right hand, left foot, left hand, his hands and feet found footholds like an expert.
- Handholds became footholds, although the deeper and more sound you made them, the more exhausted you became.
1.1 [usually in singular] A secure position from which further progress may be made: the company is attempting to gain a foothold in the Russian market
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This cannibal killer has already secured a foothold in the South East - and scientists believe it could spread quickly.
- Deutsche Bank has been trying without success to get a firm foothold in the market.
- Still, Sweeney feels confident that the changes under way in Boston are gaining a firm foothold.
Palabras que riman con footholdtoehold • commonhold
Definición de foothold en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia