- 1Not allowed; banned: a list of forbidden booksMás ejemplos en oraciones
prohibited, banned, debarred, vetoed, proscribed, ruled out, not allowed, disallowed, taboo, impermissible, not acceptable, unauthorized, unsanctioned; outlawed, illegal, unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, criminal; North American interdicted; German verboten; Islam haram; New Zealand tapu• informal no go, not on, out• rare non licet
- Whether it was the forbidden joy of being allowed to paint on a wall, or the exhilaration of letting their inhibitions go, their faces glowed with excitement.
- The guys nick some four-eyed geek's suitcase full of forbidden books - and this is where the title's Balzac reference comes in.
- The community is forced to shut down the library, because all the books contain the forbidden letter.
- 2 Physics Denoting or involving a transition between two quantum-mechanical states that does not conform to some selection rule, especially for electric dipole radiation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Surprises emerged when the researchers looked at the crystal's effect on ultrasound frequencies above the forbidden range.
- Light within a forbidden range of wavelengths can't propagate through the array, so if a row of cylinders is omitted, the light will be trapped in the missing row.
- The number of steps of descent from the same ancestor that bar two related people from marrying.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only thing necessary for a legal marriage was the free consent of both parties, as long as they were of age, were not within the forbidden degrees of kinship, and were free of any other marriage.
- Incest was considered a major crime, and forbidden degrees of kinship were extensively prescribed in the act of 1580.
- In the act of 1580, forbidden degrees of kinship were extensively prescribed.
- A thing that is desired all the more because it is not allowed.[with biblical allusion to Gen. 2:17]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Noah is an openly gay male who seems to have it all until he finds himself desiring the forbidden fruit - women.
- Nostalgia is not a forbidden fruit but astute statesmen never allow prudence to succumb to it.
- They had an added cachet of being forbidden fruit: the Stalinists did not approve.