(also a pair of forceps)
Definición de forceps en inglés:
1A pair of pincers or tweezers used in surgery or in a laboratory.
- ‘The tools we use in making these pictures are very simple - just a pair of forceps, scissors and some glue,’ Liu said.
- The upper epidermal layer from the inner surface of the tissue was excised carefully using a pair of forceps and placed immediately into de-ionized water.
- Thus, these roots were manually peeled - the peripheral root tissues were carefully picked using a pair of forceps, and then pulled to separate the endodermis covering the stele.
1.1A large pair of forceps with broad gripping parts, used to encircle a baby’s head and assist in birth: [as modifier]: a forceps delivery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet, the comparative rate of intracranial hemorrhage is not statistically different when vacuum extraction, forceps delivery and cesarean section during labor are compared.
- Assisted vaginal delivery comprised both forceps deliveries and vacuum extraction.
- Here we review the role of forceps delivery in modern obstetric practice.
1.2 Zoology An organ or structure resembling forceps, especially the cerci of an earwig.
- Several tales exist concerning alleged damage of earwigs: how they like to crawl into ears or how the forceps cause a painful pinch.
- He published papers illustrating discontinuous variation in floral symmetry and in terminal forceps of earwigs and the hornlike processes seen in certain male beetles.
late 16th century: from Latin, 'tongs, pincers'.
Definición de forceps en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan