Definición de fore en inglés:
Situated or placed in front: the fore and hind pairs of wings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For all parents and offspring we therefore measured left and right wing length and width and hind, mid, and fore tibia length.
- He wasn't authorized to do so, but he had installed a pair of Laser Canons on his fore stern.
- Lightning and thunder spooked the horses more than we had anticipated, and though we tried to retain control of the animals, they bolted, the three of us gripping the fore ridge of our saddles as the horses raced on and on.
sustantivoVolver al principio
The front part of something, especially a ship.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sonia climbed regally out of her stateroom in the fore of the ship.
- The world was opened up to trade and industry, with British iron, railways, ships, capital, and expertise in the fore.
- Doremi was now returning aft, and walked to below the fore of the sterncastle, tears streaming down her face.
exclamaciónVolver al principio
preposiciónVolver al principio
- 1to the fore
- In or to a conspicuous or leading position: the succession issue came to the foreMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When work amongst women is taken seriously then many more women will come to the fore and take leading positions.
- When the players compiled their list this time round, many of the same issues returned to the fore.
- I dare say over the coming few weeks you will see those issues come out to the fore.
Palabras que riman con foreabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
Definición de fore en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda