Definición de foreland en inglés:
1An area of land bordering on another or lying in front of a particular feature.
- Floodwater may contain higher carbon dioxide concentrations if the pH is sufficiently low, but both rice fields and river forelands are commonly submerged with water containing little carbon dioxide, e.g. in the range of 3-100 M.
- There is a cliff top walk to the foreland along the path leading from the old inn near Countisbury.
- Bars, forelands, and spits are attractive spots for development because they offer easy access to the beach.
3 Geology A stable unyielding block of the earth’s crust, against which compression produces a folded mountain range.
- The early Carboniferous Northumberland Basin, NE England, is one of the northernmost basins that developed in the foreland of the Variscan orogenic belt.
- Therefore, the Lewisian rocks from the Assynt terrane of the Caledonian foreland are an unlikely source for any of the sediment.
- Siliciclastic sequences within or close to the Laurentian foreland of the Appalachian-Caledonian Orogen preserve a clear depositional contact with basement that constrains their site of accumulation to Laurentia.
Definición de foreland en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan