- 1A lock of hair growing just above the forehead.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His shaggy forelock of dark hair was sticking up oddly over his shocked eyes.
- It started to snow and through the snow I saw a greenish forelock to the armless girl's hair.
- Red hair was greased back, allowing only two forelocks to fall.
- 1.1The part of the mane of a horse or similar animal, which grows from the poll and hangs down over the forehead.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have an erect mane and lack the forelock of a horse.
- He has an all-white body with colored ears and some color in his forelock and mane, but I believe that will disappear and he will become all white.
- The saddle, armor, and bit of his horse were green as well, and each of the green strands of the horse's mane, forelock, and tail was braided with a gold thread and a string of golden bells.
take time by the forelock
- • literary Seize an opportunity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We were taking time by the forelock and making sure of the German indemnity-in services rendered.
- If in government service, take time by the forelock and secure posts you are well qualified to hold.
- Hence the need of taking time by the forelock and getting rid of the worms before they get in their work.
touch (or tug) one's forelock
- British Raise a hand to one’s forehead in deference when meeting a person of higher social rank.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scotland is just seen as great for shooting, golf and tugging your forelock, which is why so many get out.
- I was too busy tugging my forelock to pull her up on it, I really hate being rude to nice people.
- In the 21st century it should not be a case of expecting employees to just tug their forelock and tow the line.
Más definiciones de forelockDefinición de forelock en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.