- Most prominent in rank, importance, or position: one of the foremost art collectors of his dayMás ejemplos en oraciones
leading, principal, premier, prime, elite, top, top-tier, top-level, first-rate, greatest, best, supreme, pre-eminent, major, most important, most prominent, most influential, most skilled, most illustrious, outstanding, notable, noteworthy, of note; first, primary, main, paramount, chief, key, central; North American ranking• informal number-one, top-notch
- Paris is now regarded as one of the foremost art centres in the West, but this status was hard won.
- The primary and foremost duty of the father is to provide funds for all essential requirements.
- The early modern Italian courts saw the creation of some of Europe's foremost collections of works of art.
adverbioVolver al principio
- Before anything else in rank, importance, or position; in the first place: it was, foremost, the first unequivocal demonstration of the processMás ejemplos en oraciones
- From Wednesday pulling pints will be foremost on her mind as she takes over Kelly's, Narraghmore.
- Though he has spent half his life running what is now Britain's second largest property company, he is foremost a financier.
- There has to be room for both the wild fish and the fish farms to survive, and it will be my task to keep that fact foremost in the mind of decision-makers.