- A mild tremor preceding the violent shaking movement of an earthquake: a foreshock had been reported before the 1966 earthquakeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Probably the most spectacular example was the short-term prediction of the 1975, M 7.3, Haicheng earthquake by the Chinese, based on earthquake foreshocks, unusual animal behaviour, and a few other precursors.
- Sensor data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration pinpointed the time and location of foreshocks and earthquakes.
- It was later discovered, though, that a rare series of small tremors, called foreshocks, occurred before the large quake hit the city.
Más definiciones de foreshockDefinición de foreshock en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.