Definición de foresight en inglés:
1 [mass noun] The ability to predict what will happen or be needed in the future: he had the foresight to check that his escape route was clear
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a guild, the only thing that kept each thief from killing the other was respect: respect of ability, intelligence, foresight, dexterity.
- Buyers and sellers have perfect foresight; all future incomes are fully known and are reflected in current asset prices.
- No one, certainly, has perfect foresight into the uncertain future.
forethought, anticipation, planning, forward planning, provision, prescience, circumspection, watchfulness, attentiveness, vigilance, prudence, care, caution, precaution, readiness, preparedness;
far-sightedness, discernment, presence of mind, judiciousness, discrimination, perspicacity, vision, awareness, penetration;
North American forehandedness
3 Surveying A sight taken forwards.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our team consisted of Ralph as sketcher, Pat Bingham keeping book, Edgard Bertaut taking foresights with me on point, setting stations and doing backsights.
- A number of intermediate instrument set-ups are selected, so that sighting distance for backsights and foresights are approximately equal.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda