Definición de forewoman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural forewomen)
1A female worker who supervises and directs other workers.
- In this case women from the lower class of workers were still binding their feet while the ‘forewomen’ had begun to quit the practice.
- After all, she has been his forewoman for years, and knows him like clockwork.
- Under the deacons are ‘care-takers,’ who are the foremen and forewomen in the different pursuits.
1.1North American (In a law court) a woman who presides over a jury and speaks on its behalf.
- The jury was on the eve of delivering their verdict, the jury forewoman had a heart attack.
- A group of jurors who wanted to convict deposed the forewoman.
- The jury forewoman on a capital murder trial said this of a fellow juror who believed the defendant deserved to die, yet couldn't vote for death.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan