Definición de fornix en inglés:
sustantivo (plural fornices /ˈfɔːnɪsiːz/)Anatomy
1A vaulted or arched structure in the body, in particular:
- The fornices should be palpated around the cervix for nodules suggestive of endometriosis, and may also be the etiology for fixed adnexa or may result from pelvic inflammatory disease.
- The lateral fornices may be lavaged without manipulation by directing the stream into them.
- Excessively large implants may also compromise the fornices and possibly limit motility.
1.1 (also fornix cerebri /ˈsɛrɪbrʌɪ/) A triangular area of white matter in the mammalian brain between the hippocampus and the hypothalamus.
- The septum pellucidum stretches across the interval between the genu of the corpus collosum and the columns of the fornix, separating the frontal horns of the two lateral ventricles.
- Between the two crura of the fornix is a white, triangular lamina, known as the fornical commissure.
- The fornix, mamillary bodies, and part of the anterior commissure can also be seen.
late 17th century: from Latin, literally 'arch, vaulted chamber'.
Definición de fornix en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan