Definición de fort en inglés:
- This period saw the establishment of a number of strongly defended forts on strategically placed high points all over the region.
- In the 1960s, many of the old coastal forts were turned over to the National Park Service.
- Archaeologists have identified one of Britain's largest prehistoric hill forts in the North Yorkshire Moors.
forge from Middle English:
In early use, to forge meant not only to work metal but also had the general sense ‘make, construct’. The word comes from Latin fabricare ‘to fabricate’, from fabrica ‘manufactured object, workshop’ source of fabric. The sense ‘make a fraudulent imitation’ arose early in the word's history. Forge as in forge ahead is a different word. It was first used of ships and may be a variant of force (Middle English) which comes from Latin fortis ‘strong’, source also of fort (Late Middle English).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Forts were supplemented by fortlets and towers and eventually by linear barriers.
- The Roman military pendant is extremely important, as it has come from a Roman soldier based at the Roman fortlet and is identical to ones found at North Shields Roman fort.
- A Roman fortlet was located by excavation in 1977 on the small plateau at the west end of Seabegs Wood.
Palabras que riman con fortabort, apport, assort, athwart, aught, besought, bethought, bort, bought, brought, caught, cavort, comport, consort, contort, Cort, court, distraught, escort, exhort, export, extort, fought, fraught, import, methought, misreport, mort, naught, nought, Oort, ought, outfought, port, Porte, purport, quart, rort, short, snort, sort, sought, sport, support, swart, taught, taut, thought, thwart, tort, transport, wart, wrought
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.