Definición de forthright en inglés:
1(Of a person or their manner or speech) direct and outspoken: his most forthright attack yet on the reforms
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- People respected her honesty and forthright manner, qualities which endeared her to all.
- Simply, interconnected stories told in an honest and forthright manner touch readers in ways that continue to reverberate long after the book is put down.
- As our readers will see, they expressed their opinions in a forthright manner, using a colorful prose not typically found in scientific papers.
frank, direct, straightforward, honest, candid, open, sincere, straight, straight to the point, blunt, plain-spoken, outspoken, downright, uninhibited, unreserved, point blank, no-nonsense, matter-of-fact, bluff, undiplomatic, tactless;
not afraid to call a spade a spade, not beating around the bush, speaking as one finds;
adverbioarchaic Volver al principio
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At best, he could practice scaring people with a display of lunacy hoping to prevent circumstances arising that burn in immediacy and require forthright and conclusive action.
- forthrightly adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Why is there this reserve in dealing with this issue publicly, directly and forthrightly by the administration?
- They ought to be demanding that the presidential candidates speak out forthrightly on these issues.
- But while I agree that our candidate should forthrightly come out against a constitutional amendment, the big question is how to frame this opposition.
- forthrightness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thompson, who impresses with his vigour, drive and forthrightness, should not be hung out to dry for doing what, in all honesty, any new owner would have undertaken.
- In this spirit of forthrightness, I feel I must tell you that, strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to leave the castle without my entourage.
- Again and again in the exhibition, one feels that Conner not only got there first but did so with welcome concision, intensity and forthrightness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda