- 1A defensive wall or other reinforcement built to strengthen a place against attack: the building and maintenance of fortifications a medieval fortificationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mortars were originally developed for siege warfare to lob munitions over walls and other fortifications.
- Improved protective designs for field fortifications and base camps have been developed for field forces.
- Furthermore, illegal fortifications violate the DMZ virtually to the centerline.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action of fortifying or process of being fortified: the fortification of the frontiersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Not about to sit by idly as other categories steal their calcium franchise, dairy processors have turned to fortification to recapture share of stomach.
- A much more realistic option is to start with soup, and if you need a little more fortification, slug some brandy into your coffee.
- In some measure, this attitude to fortification reflected the contemporary state of military engineering art in the West and Russia.
late Middle English: via French from late Latin fortificatio(n-), from fortificare (see fortify).