1A person who starts or helps to start a movement or institution: he was one of the founding fathers of criminology
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The founding fathers of the European movement had lofty aims in seeking to avoid ever again the terrible wars that have ravaged our continent in the past.
- Father's Day was the perfect day to pay such historic tribute to the founding fathers of the steelband movement.
- More important, however, he never became a founding father of republican institutions in the Old World.
1.1 (Founding Father) A member of the convention that drew up the constitution of the US in 1787.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The creation of the presidency was the linchpin of the work of the Founding Fathers at the Constitutional Convention of 1787.
- Some have asserted that the Founding Fathers meant for the Constitution to be understood as a Christian document of governance for a Christian nation.
- It's hard to imagine this proposal will get enough support to be added to the Constitution - fortunately the Founding Fathers made it extremely difficult to amend.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: found|ing father
Definición de founding father en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda