- 1A vehicle with four horses driven by one person.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From its doors tandem and four-in-hands were wont to start for a run to New Rochelle.
- A second temple was located at the Circus Maximus, near the race-tracks, where he was considered to be the protector of the four-in-hands which joined the races.
- The Parish at this time would be full to bursting, with all kinds of traps, carriages, and four-in-hands with drivers and Postillions going to and fro from the course.
- 2North American A necktie tied in a loose knot with two hanging ends, popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.[said to be by association with the sport of driving four-in-hand carriages]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The choice appears to be four-in-hand, Windsor, cross knot, half-Windsor, Prince Albert, Ascot, or small knot.
- For spring the best wear in cravats will be bias striped four-in-hands in bright contrasting colors.
- They're also called four-in-hands and are perfect for more casual - yet still elegant - wedding looks.
Más definiciones de four-in-handDefinición de four-in-hand en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.