Definición de four-in-hand en inglés:
1A vehicle with four horses driven by one person.
- From its doors tandem and four-in-hands were wont to start for a run to New Rochelle.
- A second temple was located at the Circus Maximus, near the race-tracks, where he was considered to be the protector of the four-in-hands which joined the races.
- The Parish at this time would be full to bursting, with all kinds of traps, carriages, and four-in-hands with drivers and Postillions going to and fro from the course.
2North American A necktie tied in a loose knot with two hanging ends, popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
[said to be by association with the sport of driving four-in-hand carriages]
- The choice appears to be four-in-hand, Windsor, cross knot, half-Windsor, Prince Albert, Ascot, or small knot.
- For spring the best wear in cravats will be bias striped four-in-hands in bright contrasting colors.
- They're also called four-in-hands and are perfect for more casual - yet still elegant - wedding looks.
Definición de four-in-hand en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan