- 1An entrance hall or other open area in a building used by the public, especially a hotel or theatre: the foyer of the concert hallMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As part of the revamp, the unique auditorium will remain, with only technical improvements, but there are plans for two new studios, a workshop, expanded offices, dressing rooms and public foyers, and terrace spaces.
- In addition to new floor finishes and lighting, it features a floating white wall that clads the boundary interfacing the public foyers and the theatres.
- A feature of the theatre is that all the foyer areas and the auditorium are accessible to wheelchairs.
- 1.1North American An entrance hall in a house or flat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He led me out of the room into the foyer of the house, where there was a flight of stairs.
- Mia stood in the foyer of the large house, hanging her coat, scarf and gloves on the coat rack.
- Jay appeared by my side and pulled me into the foyer of the huge house, he led me to a kitchen and handed me a beer.
late 18th century (denoting the centre of attention or activity): from French, 'hearth, home', based on Latin focus 'domestic hearth'.