Definición de fraught en inglés:
- It was always a course fraught with risk for him to do a media interview about a case over which he was still presiding.
- Creating new ventures can be fraught with danger for academics.
- Falling in love and getting married will be fraught with danger.
- Not a bad story for Scotland and Ireland working together on this very elaborate and, at times, highly fraught project.
- She describes the experience of buying with friends as fraught.
- In Scotland, the balance between the two is often a fraught one.
Late Middle English, 'laden, equipped', past participle of obsolete fraught 'load with cargo', from Middle Dutch vrachten, from vracht 'ship's cargo'. Compare with freight.
Something fraught is now usually filled with danger or anxiety, but at first the word simply meant ‘laden’ or ‘equipped’. It comes from medieval Dutch vracht ‘ship's cargo’, source also of freight (Late Middle English).
Palabras que riman con fraughtabort, apport, assort, athwart, aught, besought, bethought, bort, bought, brought, caught, cavort, comport, consort, contort, Cort, court, distraught, escort, exhort, export, extort, fort, fought, import, methought, misreport, mort, naught, nought, Oort, ought, outfought, port, Porte, purport, quart, rort, short, snort, sort, sought, sport, support, swart, taught, taut, thought, thwart, tort, transport, wart, wrought
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.