sustantivo (plural freedmen)• historical
- An emancipated slave.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Spreading through the plantation system, Protestant Christianity was adopted and adapted by African-American slaves and freedmen and most of their descendants.
- Similarly, some of the richest residents of Rome were imperial freedmen, former slaves of the emperor, who despite their wealth had a lower social status than less wealthy men from old Senatorial families.
- Roman society was acutely aware of its own paradoxes: the freedmen and slaves who served the emperors became figures of exceptional power and influence to whom even the grandees had to pay court.
Más definiciones de freedmanDefinición de freedman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.