- Denoting a contest, race, or version of a sport in which there are few restrictions on the moves or techniques that competitors employ: freestyle wrestlingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is a former amateur great, who went on to win a gold medal for freestyle wrestling during the 1996 Olympics.
- Finally, in 2005, the X Games hosted its first women's freestyle contest.
- Swimmers Darian Townsend, Lyndon Ferns and Karl Thaning race in a freestyle time trial at the Olympic Aquatic Centre.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A freestyle contest, in particular a swimming race in which competitors may use any stroke: the men’s 100 m freestyleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The most recent world records by Ian Thorpe in the 200 and 400 meter freestyles are the latest testaments to the strength of freestyle swimming by Australians.
- In January I raced a 1650 freestyle with my heart rate monitor on, and I was anaerobic the whole way.
- In freestyle, the fastest swimmers had the greatest distance per stroke at slow swimming speeds.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Dance, perform, or compete in an improvised or unrestricted fashion: he just came in and freestyled over the musicMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We were also treated to Parker freestyling on his drum machine and Sneaky performing a solo on the bass.
- As if drawn by the music, dancers began to file onstage, warming up, freestyling, and egging each other on, like a flashback to a lunchroom scene from television's Fame.
- The self-confident singer rocked out, freestyled with natural ease and steamed up the room with poetry and poise and an intense, extended version of ‘Sun Again.’
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I'm the best prepared I've ever been,’ Alison Sheppard, the 50 metres freestyler who is at her fifth Olympics, said.
- ‘It was tough racing the two greatest freestylers of all time,’ Phelps said.
- I swam against the two fastest 200-meter freestylers of all time, and I broke the American record.
Más definiciones de freestyleDefinición de freestyle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.