sustantivo (plural fripperies)[mass noun]
- There wasn't nearly as much frippery on Gideon's dress, she could inhabit that dress.
- Melvin found himself glad he had not allowed Grover to dress him up in all his formal frippery, opting instead for riding breeches and a plain lawn shirt.
- But there in the middle of all this fanciness and frippery was this miserable, small, cold lump that, when cooked originally, had been burned.
- It's somewhat sobering to think that the device that Galileo helped to develop and used to make his discoveries is essentially the same design as the instrument that Rob was so quick to tire of and deride as a toy, a frippery.
- Phone companies tend to advertise their wares with gloss about downloadable music, cruddy cameras and other such fripperies.
- You obviously didn't need all these little fripperies living away from home.
Mid 16th century (denoting old or second-hand clothes): from French friperie, from Old French freperie, from frepe 'rag', of unknown ultimate origin.
Palabras que riman con fripperyslippery
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: frip|pery
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.