Definición de frond en inglés:
The leaf or leaf-like part of a palm, fern, or similar plant: fronds of bracken
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I looked and could see nothing at all but dried, brown leaves with a few delicate fern fronds thrusting through them.
- The branches seem to be laid out flat, like fern fronds, while it is the colouring that gives the foliage variety of appearance and depth.
- Around the trunk of this tree were tied leaves and fronds, and - a pile of little pots and dishes of meat were laid out on what looked like a kind of altar.
late 18th century: from Latin frons, frond- 'leaf'.
- Example sentences
- Marcus was stood looking a little guilty and found out by the plastic fronded trunk of a clipped and trimmed Spruce.
- The treated seaweed from each test was sorted into a first fraction exhibiting a sticky compacted characteristic, and a second exhibiting the original fronded springy characteristics.
- Besides dozens of vineyards and wineries great and small, Calistoga has a climate warm enough to sustain lushly fronded palm trees - the kind with the thick trunks.
- Example sentences
- Several other specimens overlap underlying recumbent organisms or smaller frondose taxa.
- The general trend through succession appears to have been the replacement of flat-lying organisms with upright, frondose organisms, possibly as sediment became increasingly stabilized by microbial mat.
- Several of the Mistaken Point frondose fossils, notably Aspidella, Charnia and Charniodiscus, have unusually wide geographical and environmental ranges in contrast to most other Ediacaran taxa.
Definición de frond en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan