Injury to body tissues caused by exposure to extreme cold, typically affecting the nose, fingers, or toes and often resulting in gangrene: when they rescued him he was suffering from frostbite
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Prolonged application of cold at very low temperatures can cause frostbite or nerve injuries.
- The condition has been known to arise from injuries as diverse as frostbite, leg ulcers and punctures from hypodermic syringes.
- In 1941 he treated a young Canadian for frostbite, and had to amputate the man's gangrenous fingers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In England and northwest Europe, while treating many soldiers with frostbitten limbs, his interest in hypothermia grew stronger.
- Do not rub frostbitten areas or apply direct heat.
- In the meantime, elevate the frostbitten area to minimize swelling.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: frost|bite
Definición de frostbite en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda