- Begin to buy whole-grain products and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Because it contains high levels of salt, Josie should eat potassium-rich foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as drink lots of water.
- You will be able to enjoy fresh vegetables, fruits, or sweets accompanied with a light soda or sparking water.
- Every 12 h during the period of prolonged darkness, samples of young leaves, flowers, roots and fruits from two plants were harvested for analysis.
- A wide variety of organs from various plant species were analysed: roots, stems, hypocotyls, leaves, fruits, and petioles.
- The proportion of flowers and ovules that develop into fruits and seeds in flowering plants rarely reaches 1.
- Most wineries have picnic benches or grassy areas with views of the vineyard and the best part is, you can buy a bottle of wine right there and enjoy the fruits of the field.
- From the vineyards of France to the olive groves of Spain, hundreds of thousands of people will be toasting the fruits of the earth this autumn, and you can join them.
- Isn't it wonderful that the fruit of the earth tastes good to us, nourishes us.
- Photography remained a private activity, the fruits of which were stored in over 150 albums - 14,500 pages of images.
- It was their just reward last week to see the fruits of their labour come to fruition and be recognised.
- The contest between capital and labour over the fruits of economically productive activity remains the front line struggle.
- Blessed are you and blessed are all the fruits of your womb.
- Mary is blessed among women, and blessed is the fruit of her womb.
- Your word assures me that you bless the fruit of my womb and that neither myself nor my husband shall be barren.
- In an annual such as Arabidopsis, flowering is irreversible, global, and leads to fruiting and plant death.
- Linum began fruiting by late May, ending by early July.
- ‘Beth’ is a good, reliable cropper that starts fruiting freely at an early age, coming into season in September.
the fruit of the vine
- literary Grapes.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Today is turning out to be beautifully warm, and since I'm going to a party on a boat tonight, my thoughts naturally turn towards the fruit of the vine (specifically, white wine).
- We know that by Islamic law they are barred from the fruit of the vine and juice of the barley, all properly aged.
- His only son was also no stranger to the fruit of the vine, and didn't he make wine the symbol of his blood, ensuring hundreds of millions of Catholics would know its taste long before they turned the legal drinking age?
- (Of a tree or plant) at the stage of producing fruit: the cranberry is always attractive in fruitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The plants were in fruit on this date, and some showed signs of seed predation.
- Seven plants were observed in fruit on the date of collection.
- The tree is in fruit from October to April, which corresponds with the great greens' breeding season.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin fructus 'enjoyment of produce, harvest', from frui 'enjoy', related to fruges 'fruits of the earth', plural (and most common form) of frux, frug- 'fruit'.
Fruit comes from Latin fructus ‘enjoyment of produce, harvest’ from frui ‘to enjoy’. The Latin for fruit also had the sense ‘profit, value’ which is why it is also the source of frugal (mid 16th century) ‘economical, thrifty’. In America fruit is a term for a gay man. It could come from the US slang sense ‘a dupe, an easy victim’, with the idea of a fruit that is easily ‘picked’, or with the derogatory implication of homosexuals being ‘soft’ like fruit. Fruitcake (M20th in this case) meaning ‘a mad person’ is a play on nutty in as nutty as a fruitcake, also mid 20th century. Fruity in the sense ‘sexually suggestive’ draws on the idea of being ‘ripe and juicy’ and dates from the early 20th century. See also nut. Forbidden fruit looks back to the biblical account of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which was forbidden to Adam in the Garden of Eden, and which he was disastrously tempted to eat. See also apple
Palabras que riman con fruitacute, argute, astute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, confute, coot, cute, depute, dilute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, lute, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute, volute
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fruit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.