A fruit-eating pigeon occurring in the Old World tropics. Compare with fruit dove.
- ● A relative of the imperial pigeons occurring in New Guinea (genus Ducula, family Columbidae). ● A green pigeon occurring in Africa (genus Treron, family Columbidae).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scores of sleek, black mynas, an assortment of tubby, green fruit pigeons, a few tiny parrots hanging upside-down and a legion of stately red-knobbed hornbills pummel me with discarded bits of cherry red figs.
- Two radiations that come to mind as ideal subjects of comparative studies because they are diverse and include nonfrugivorous sister groups are the fruit pigeons and the New World trogons.
- Our pigeons don't have those pigments in their feathers, however some fruit pigeons and parrots do.
Definición de fruit pigeon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.