(chiefly US also furosemide)
Definición de frusemide en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of oedema.
- Chemical formula: C12H11ClN2O5S
- Her symptoms improved after treatment with intravenous furosemide and metoprolol.
- Chlorothiazide may be given with furosemide to boost its diuretic effects, depending on the patient's fluid retention status.
- Despite immediate treatment with furosemide and dexamethasone, two full codes, and pacemaker placement, the patient died within four hours postoperatively.
1960s: from fru- (alteration of fur(yl), denoting a radical derived from furan) + sem- (of unknown origin) + -ide.
Definición de frusemide en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan