sustantivo (plural frusta /-tə/ or frustums)Geometry
- The portion of a cone or pyramid which remains after its upper part has been cut off by a plane parallel to its base, or which is intercepted between two such planes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An assessment task may ask students to devise a plan for determining the volume of the frustum of a pyramid (a task not previously considered in class).
- They only appear as frustums because they are being viewed at from an angle.
- Depending mainly on the thicknesses of the members, the midplane splits one of the two members into two frusta, thus making a total of three frusta to analyse.
mid 17th century: from Latin, 'piece cut off'.
Más definiciones de frustumDefinición de frustum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.