sustantivo[mass noun] Geology
- 1Vitreous material formed of sand or other sediment fused by lightning.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The clay-soil class of fulgurite, recently discovered in the eastern gold fields of Western Australia, was described as subaerial irregular masses of black glass hosted by clayey soil.
- Perhaps once this class of exogenic fulgurite becomes better known, a greater number or variety of occurrences will be recognized instead of overlooked.
- At the discovery outcrop, the black glass-lined effusion crater with its glassy tendrils marks the transition from subterranean fulgurite tubes to exogenic styles of formation.
- 1.1 [count noun] A piece of fulgurite.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A 10-foot fulgurite is being prepared for display in the lobby of UF's new engineering building.
- Most people have never seen a fulgurite, and many that have probably did not realize what it was at the time.
- After thunderstorms on the Florida coasts beach combers find fulgurite in the sands.
mid 19th century: from Latin fulgur 'lightning' + -ite1.
Más definiciones de fulguriteDefinición de fulgurite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.