- Sooty; dusky.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They were as different as night and day, but both bore the obvious mark of their heritage, the girl in her doll-like features, the boy in his fuliginous hair and slanted eyes the color of sapphires.
- Neil Warmington's set, with its upstage floral aquarium and gleaming patch of AstroTurf, also evokes a world that is garishly strange without lapsing into the clichés of fuliginous futurism.
- I turned my head and could just see the flames licking the sky, and clouds of fuliginous, black smoke dissipating into the warm summer air.
late 16th century (originally describing a vapour as 'thick and noxious'): from late Latin fuliginosus, from fuligo, fuligin- 'soot'.
Más definiciones de fuliginousDefinición de fuliginous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.