An opening in or near a volcano, through which hot sulphurous gases emerge.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some geologists noted similarities between the lakes' steaming cracks and the fumaroles of volcano craters - and wondered if magma might be brewing there.
- Most of the mountains are clastic stratovolcanic sediments (ashes and tuff), and the abundant solfataras and fumaroles, many of which are still active, are the last phases of the volcanism.
- Surface geothermal manifestations include hot steaming ground, fumaroles, mud pools, and warm to boiling hot springs.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- During the waning stages of eruption, fumarolic activity oxidized cinders along the rim and deposited aggregates of sublimates, hydrothermal precipitates, and reaction products near the central vent of the volcano.
- The first felt seismicity occurred in November 1984, and increased fumarolic activity was noted in February 1985.
- From the rim we were able to access the rim of the fumarolic crater and get down to the floor.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fu¦ma|role
Definición de fumarole en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda