- 1Of or having a special activity, purpose, or task: a functional roleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Communications system for establishing a communication channel on the basis of a functional role or task
- Clinical activities may be best understood by delimiting functional tasks as the episodes of interest.
- The first is to turn learning into an entirely functional activity geared towards the perceived needs of the workplace.
- 1.1Relating to the way in which something works or operates: there are important functional differences between left and right brainMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, their organisations have succeeded where most NGOs and voluntary groups usually fail: preserving functional unity despite differences.
- Although the two works share many formal aspects, there remain fundamental functional differences.
- The functional differences between the two genes are discussed with respect to their possible history in these two fungi, which are very distant in terms of evolution.
- 1.2(Of a disease) affecting the operation, rather than the structure, of an organ: functional diarrhoeaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The challenge is to reliably sift out and satisfactorily reassure the 40% with functional disease without missing those with more serious pathology.
- Malnutrition, typhus, tuberculosis, sepsis, and universal diarrhoea (probably functional rather than infective) were rife.
- Patients with predominant epigastric pain without peptic ulcer disease or oesophagitis have functional dyspepsia.
- 1.3(Of a mental illness) having no discernible organic cause: functional psychosisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The cases have been described as either a ‘toxic psychosis’ or a functional psychosis.
- This discussion focuses on the acute treatment of functional psychosis.
- The main differential diagnosis of delirium is from a functional psychosis (such as schizophrenia and manic depression) and from dementia.
- 2Designed to be practical and useful, rather than attractive: a small, functional bathroomMás ejemplos en oraciones
practical, useful, utilitarian, utility, workaday, serviceable; minimalist, plain, simple, basic; severe, spartan, ascetic, bare, modest, unadorned, undecorated, unornamented, unembellished, unostentatious, uncluttered, unfussy, without frills; impersonal, characterless, soulless, colourless, institutional, antiseptic, clinical• informal no frills
- Once again, Pearl Izumi has designed a functional and attractive article of clothing that is not only great on the bike but in other uses as well.
- That is, sites that are attractive, practical, functional, and interesting.
- It's an attractive and functional design and a excellent exemplar of public art.
- 3In operation; working: the museum will be fully functional from the opening of the festivalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps the most interesting aspect is the contrast between this flamboyant style and some of the more functional, if effective, tactics employed by Europe's top sides.
- In fact, an attack may have no functional effect either - it may create directly an operational effect on the decisionmaker.
- The Dolby Digital 2.0 track is uninspiring, but completely functional and effective for a dialogue-driven feature.
- 4 Mathematics Relating to a variable quantity whose value depends upon one or more other variables: using functional notation, we can write—where L is the transactions demand for moneyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The author has succeeded in writing a book understandable to readers with very little knowledge of functional analysis and topological vector spaces.
- He did publish a number of papers, however, which arose through the various courses such as algebraic topology, functional analysis, and geometry, which he taught.
- How can we relate complex analysis, higher-dimensional geometry, functional analysis, and set theory to the forms of perception?
- [sentence adverb]: functionally, the role of the library service is clearly educationalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I will not ask the very obvious question but moving on, could you start by sharing with us your role, functionally.
- Order parameters and their dynamics are always functionally defined in biological systems.
- First, we reject his idea that units in anarchic international systems cannot be functionally differentiated.