sustantivo (plural fundi /-dʌɪ/)Anatomy
- 1The part of a hollow organ (such as the uterus or the gall bladder) that is furthest from the opening.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The distribution of the various epithelial changes did not follow any pattern with regard to occurrence in the neck, body, or fundus of the gallbladder.
- When you place your head lower than your hips, gravity encourages the fetus to move toward the fundus of the uterus, flex his or her chin, and turn under.
- The textbook is a comprehensive and very practical approach to all aspects of fundus diseases including retina, vitreous, choroid, tumors of the fundus and optic nerve disease.
- 1.1The upper part of the stomach, which forms a bulge above the level of the opening of the oesophagus (furthest from the pylorus).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stomach consists of the fundus, body, and antrum.
- The surgeon wraps the fundus of the stomach to create an external esophageal sphincter so that food or fluid entering the stomach is unable to exit via the esophagus.
- They inserted a plastic tube through the fundus of the stomach into the mid-esophagus to enable esophageal distension with saline, generating elevated esophageal pressures to simulate a clinical gastric regurgitation situation.
- 1.2The part of the eyeball opposite the pupil.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This time she did remain still, and I saw that she had a pearly white optic disc in her fundus.
- The pupils should be dilated and the fundus examined in a darkened room.
- Mild atherosclerotic changes of the retinal arterioles were seen in the right fundus, which was otherwise unremarkable.
mid 18th century: from Latin, literally 'bottom'.
Más definiciones de fundusDefinición de fundus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.