Having the mournful, sombre character appropriate to a funeral: Erika was moving at a funereal pace
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is primarily a period piece and, as you might expect from the elegiac nature of the film, the pace is appropriately funereal.
- Bleak, dismal, gloomy, dreary, funereal, somber: All of these adjectives could be used to describe the new album by Iceland's Sigur Ros.
- Mourning the lack of opportunities which have thus far presented themselves, the funereal hue seems appropriate in the current Scottish footballing climate.
early 18th century: from Latin funereus (from funus, funer- 'funeral') + -al.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The two duets with Vedder are the strongest of too many funereally morose dirges that bind the album.
- Typical are the album's three separate versions of Robert's title composition, a funereally paced piece that perfectly sets the tone; melancholy and brooding yet strangely optimistic.
- Black-car motorcades cruise funereally through deserted streets, bringing presidents and prime ministers to the Congress Center, where the VIPs are meeting, or the Hilton Hotel.