Inhibiting the growth of fungi.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fungicides have fungicidal activity, that actually kills the fungus, or fungistatic activity, that slows the growth of the fungus to prevent extensive damage.
- These events may occur because the fungistatic regimens used for suppression fail to eradicate the organism completely or because of host factors that persistently favour an inability to tolerate the resident yeast.
- A shortcoming of many antifungals is that they are only fungistatic (not fungicidal) and that is one of the reasons why they have to be applied during a long period of time.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Clotrimazole, a broad spectrum antimycotic with excellent skin tolerability, is a synthetic Imidazole derivative acting mainly fungistatically on proliferative fungi.
- The composition is applied to a plant growth medium in at least nematistically and fungistatically effective amount in order to suppress the growth of phytopathogenic nematodes and fungi in the plant growth medium.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fun¦gi|stat¦ic
Definición de fungistatic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda